Drift diving allows a diver to travel over a large area without expending much energy. You simply get neutrally buoyant and enjoy the dive as the scenery moves past you. The SDI Drift Diver Course covers the “how-to’s” of drift diving from, how to enter and exit drifts, what to do if you get caught in a drift and wish to get out, how to get out of the drift to observe something special, and much more. The course will also introduce you to the various types of drift currents you may be diving in.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed to teach divers the skills, knowledge, and necessary techniques to properly conduct drift dives
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI
Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in drift diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
Also, the SDI Drift Diver Certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program.
SDI Drift Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete two open water dives to a maximum depth no greater than 18 metres / 60 feet
- Follow the instructor on the first dive while he demonstrates proper use of float, lines and reels
- On the second dive the students must execute the skills learned on the first dive such as: planning, demonstrating and executing the skills they learned from the first dive
How to take this course!
Get in touch with me on 07534 387152 or use this button to book on it;