An awesome development in your diving is doing the Altitude Diver Course. Some locations on the planet are not at sea level, and learning how to compensate for this is important. Combining my vast knowledge of mountaineering at altitude mixed with my love of diving and I have the perfect mix.
This isn’t just another course to me, I’m passionate about climbing high to dive low. Join me on one of my altitude adventures and achieve your SDI altitude course at the same time.
The purpose of the SDI Altitude Diver Course is to acquaint a diver with the necessary procedures and knowledge to dive safely at altitudes of at least 300 metres/1000 feet above sea level.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver looking to experience scuba diving in high mountain lakes safely by applying what they learn during this course
- Open Water Scuba Diver, Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent or current enrollment in one of those courses
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The Altitude Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Why we do this type of diving?
- Dive tables as they relate to altitude diving
- Calculations based on cross corrections to USN tables
- Correction of depth gauges and computers
- Hypoxia during altitude diving
- Levels of altitude:
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Plan a dive at altitude using appropriate tables
- Compute their no-decompression information
- Test and check all equipment, i.e. depth gauges and bottom timers/watches and computers
- Enter water and descend
- Monitor depth and no-decompression time on slates
- Log dives
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in Altitude diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
Also, the Altitude Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the Advanced Diver Development Program.
Altitude Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How to take this course!
If you wish to take this course then get in touch with me on 07534 387152 or use the link below;