This specialty is designed to acquaint the diver with special skills and techniques necessary to successfully plan, execute and evaluate a search and recovery dive. Search and Recovery divers can be very useful, we recovered a 24ct gold wedding ring from Romney Lock on the River Thames, learn how to do it yourselves.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver looking for more information to maximize the use of search and recovery for scuba diving
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Review compass techniques
- Review search techniques
- Practice and perform different search patterns
- Review lifting techniques
- Recover an object from depth
- Salvage and recovery of an object with a water weight of between 11 and 33 kg/25 and 75 lbs
- Simulate scuba emergency using a minimum of 2 searching techniques
- Log dives
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
Also, the SDI Search and Recovery Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program.
How to take this course!
Get in touch with me on 07534 387152 or book on below;