This week I’m predominantly working on Scavenger, my dive boat. Every few months we give her some TLC, but this week we’re doing a lot of new things to her, so today was day 1.
The first thing we did is clear her out and then gave her a good clean. Last week my friend Andy worked on Scavenger whilst I was away sorting out some essential welding and safety rails for me. He did an excellent job. So because of that we painted her but rather than just paint a bit, we painted her from the bow to the wheelhouse. A great first coat!
Edwin, another friend who had assisted Andy last week, came along and helped with some new light placements and the installation of a new horn. That’s started some great progress, he also removed the Radar which sadly died a death last year and is beyond economical repair.
Joshua, my son, worked assisting myself and Edwin, but also installed new smoke detector, co2 detector, fire blanket, heat shield around the cooker and a new barometer.
It’s great working as a team together, as we get more done and it’s good fun!
It’s been a long rewarding day, so Joshua and I settled in with some hotdogs and chilled in the van.
Hope your day has been rewarding and enjoyable. Stay safe.
If you’re interested in developing your diving skills, please get in touch with me or check out my courses.