LAM Health and Safety Consultancy in conjunction with Mark Lewis Adventures, delivers Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting course training.
What’s it about?
The Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting course is suitable for up to four people. The two-day course provides you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a chainsaw but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected. We utilise a petrol chainsaw for the training, plus look at any that you may already have onsite.
Course Objectives & Content
This course is for anyone who is required to operate chainsaws for cross-cutting only, and provides the knowledge and skills required for learners to be assessed for the regulated qualification: Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting.
- Health and safety at work act 1974
- Working at height regulations 2005
- Chainsaws at work Chainsaws at work Chainsaws at work INDG317
The qualification aims to assess the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
- the regulations regarding the safe use of chainsaws
- hazards and risks associated with chainsaws
- personal safety when using chainsaws
- safe working practices in crosscutting and felling timber
- skills and techniques involved in directional felling of trees
- skills and techniques involved in dealing with windblown and damaged trees
The successful delegate will receive a certificate.
Guided learning hours: 16
Total Qualification time: 16
Cost: £850 + vat for up to 4 learners
Get in touch
We are available for a chat at any time, so feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.