What’s it about?
This course will equip those attending with the necessary skills required to evacuate from VNA equipment during an emergency. Operating from a safe area those attending are taught to connect the emergency equipment to the specified anchor points, then using simple user-friendly escape equipment, they will be taught to descend to the ground. Training is carried out using the specific kits provided with the VNA device. Upon completion of the training, we will inspect your safety equipment, and reseal it.
Course Objectives & Content
- Legislation and standards
- Emergency procedures and equipment
- Equipment characteristics and limitations
- Equipment checking, care, storage, maintenance and disposal requirements
- Equipment fitting and use
- Anchor point checking and attachment
- Practical escape drills
- Health and safety at work act 1974
- Working at height regulations 2005
- Fully compliant with the HSE Rope evacuation from mechanical handling equipment guidance OC 282/31
The successful delegate will receive a certificate valid in line with the manufacturers’ guidance, which may be 1 to 3 years. In addition, they will receive a ProTrainings certificate in Safety Harnesses.
Guided learning hours: 4
Total Qualification time: 5
Validity: 1 to 3 years in line with the manufacturers’ guidance
Cost: £500 + vat for up to 5 learners